Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ad Deum Dance Intensive Readout

Below is an email readout from our Dance School director, Patti George. She and 5 others from En Croix attended the Dance Intensive in Houston Texas this year. Thanks for praying and enjoy the update! ~ Sara

Hello Everybody!

I am home!! I wanted to send a quick thank you and update on the dance intensive this year. It started out intense and ended intense!! I am so glad that I went even though by the second day I missed my babies so much! It was very difficult to leave them for a week but I knew John had it under control... or i made myself believe that! ?? lol.. jk John did an excellent job with the girls.

Every morning we were taken to a church where we would all gather and worship for an hour... sometimes two... how incredibly refreshing to just stand, or sit, or do whatever I want in His presence! God was so there! Everyday God would show Himself to each and every one of our team members. (Bethany, Caleb, Amy, Susen, Vicky and I) I felt so refreshed and revived with my relationship with God, getting back to my first love.
We were then taken to the dance studios, (about 100 students) to get ready for our ballet class in the morning, lunch, modern, and then 2 electives. It equaled up to A LOT of dancing everyday... 10:30 -6pm with a lunch break. We all were pretty much crippled by TUESDAY!! The teachers all loved Jesus and it was a really encouraging time of being challenged in excellence to dance! I was very proud of each one on our team -as we do not have that kind of exposure to classes like that on a weekly basis like most do that were there participating- we all put our everything into it!

I will tell one story for those who like to read ;). Our last elective of one of the days was a choreography class, where you learn some choreography from Ad Deum Dance Company. I have to admit at this point I was EXHAUSTED and in somewhat of a trance... SO tired and annoyed that the song I was learning a dance to was Ave Maria.. an opera song. It proved to be amazing choreography.. really hard.. but amazing. Our teacher, Shizu, an incredible dancer, wanted us all to sit and she performed it for us and gave us the story behind the dance. It was about Jesus' mother and her struggle and journey in life. The dance was powerful and then Shizu started talking about a mother's love.. and how it is comparable to the love of God!! I was in tears, many were, but as a mother I had never identified myself with Mary and how she would have felt having her son go through what He did in His life and then be crucified on a cross. What an experience! And that is just part.

Overall, I felt encouraged and like I was given a few more tools in my belt!
Thanks to all who prayed for us and gave towards this trip!!

Blessings!!
Patti