Sunday, June 5, 2011

Remembering Green

While cleaning the room I found Judah's St Patricks Day Clover that he made in school. Each child had a green 4 leaf clover and on each petal they wrote their wishes. Judah's St. Patricks Day wishes broke my heart at the time, maybe that is the reason I am just now finding this art project. After walking through 6 months of this journey somehow I feel more able to cope with the reality of lymphoma and the strength we find in facing the truth. In my weakness He is made strong, and I find a safe shelter under the shadow of His wings.

I sit beside Judah as he fights this thing with such childlike, hopeful, confident faith. Why not wish to fly? Why not wish to not have cancer? Isn't God big enough to fulfill our wildest dreams? Are we not GREAT when we are hidden in Him? Oh we are... Judah is. Judah is amazing. God is Amazing. These wishes now bring a smile to my heart, they no longer have the cheating power to steal my childs dreams away. God is certainly bigger than the boogie man.

I wish...
To see my friends again
To fly
To have heat vision
To not have cancer