Monday, August 29, 2011

Mom's First Report From Belize

Living without internet is the pits!

But living without other things would be worse. Luckily, Jason saw to it that we didn't have to. I had my doubts, oh yes I did too. But, after arriving here at the new
house, Thursday afternoon, and being promised windows, screens, running water, a toilet, and electricity, and seeing ALL that occur before I went to bed, was an amazing
and actually unbelievable thing. I did not believe it could happen, but I didn't let on, I got out my gloves and began sweeping, because that I could s
do. And then I began sorting the bags of "stuff", because I had to know if it was anything we needed. We did. And by the end of the night, I organized half a household's belongings,
to the best of my ability, and knew where the sheets for the king size bed were. And I knew where the towels for the showers were. And I Knew where all the
underwear and clean clothes were, when we needed them ,
and , well, we did it. Whew. We went to bed, bathed, fed and comfortable. ( All except Jason) And now. after the second day, we have two bedrooms in working order,
so Jason doesn't have to sleep on cement again. We have doors on the bathroom, and me and Keilah's bed room. We have curtains. We have a refrigerator, a faucet
in the kitchen that works, no sink, but hey, it's only day two. We have a new vanity sink for the bathroom, to be installed tomorrow, after the new tile that will also go in tomorrow.
It's just going to be such a beautiful house, that any inconvenience now is the least of our trials.
All that said, I'd just like to say that I am honored to be included. I am sorrier that Sara is missing all this. And I mean that in the nicest way, as I know she would totally
love all this. WE miss her and JUdah so much. It's just not Belize without them. Yes, it is hot and sweaty. Everything is so much harder, but I feel so accomplished when I
actually get something done. Keilah and I built an outdoor table today for the veranda, that is so pretty. I'll post pictures. Th blisters on my "sweeping" thumb are beginning
to heal, I will probably have calluses soon. Oh well. WE discovered Facetime works here, which is great, except we have to go to Joh and Patti's until we get internet here.
Also I will have to send this from there.
WE also registered the kids for school today. Now i am stressing how to attached their school emblems to their uniforms. Sheesh. Sewing? I don't think so. Anyway. Tomorrow
will  be another day of seeing so mush happen ti makes my head spin. Hope to be able to keep you posted. Did I mention we had dinner at our own "kitchen" table tonight?
Soon I may even cook the meal. Hahahahah. No, I am not cooking outside over a fire. I refuse. Too hot already. Ok,, blessings to all, and keep praying for us all. Miss you guys.
Jealous? Come on down! We could use the help.