Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 6 & 7ish

I don't know, day 6 and 7? We cam on last Thursday, so I guess that would be right. The house is coming  right along. The roof is all but done. They put in real cement stairs off the front veranda yesterday, so we don't have to scale down the cement blocks anymore. Mr. Alfred, (Jason's step dad) is hooking up the kitchen sink today, which John and Jason put in yesterday. So, IF i had dishes, I could wash them. Little steps.
Yesterday's news was so wonderful we sort of lost track of time, and so had a very late dinner, late homework doing, and late to bed. But, everyone was in fine form this morning, so no problem.
Yesterday I spent the morning at Scott and Cheryl's. That was nice. Then I cleverly found "Formosa" which is Andy's new restaurant coffee shop. they have internet and air conditioning. That is where I was when I heard the great
news about Judah. So I cried and shook for a while and Andy's Dad came over from behind the counter and hugged me and prayed and we praise God right there. Wonderful. So exciting. I was overwhelmed with relief. Truly.
So it was a good day all around. Now today I am at John and Patti's. Spreading my mooching around. Don't want to overstay anywhere. Jessie, Jason's sister, called to invite me to lunch, so I will do that in a few hours.
Ran into Kathy at a store. We made a vague coffee date. It's strange being so free in the day. I know there is a lot I could do at home, but it is so noisy, and if I clean up, they just mess it all up again, so I just stay away
as long as possible. OH, and we should be getting REAL power by tomorrow. Exciting!!! that will be great. Everything so far is coming through an extension cord from the dance studio, so it's been a tricky thing keeping the
fridge going, and making coffee, and running fans. Everyday something else gets done. something happened to the swimming pool, so it has a few leaks. That sucks, but I'll try to fix them a little this afternoon. Elijah
likes to lay in the pool between bike rides. He loves his bike riding. Keilah loves he r" little house"  movies. Perhaps a little too much, but hey. It's not like the house has that many options at this point.
I have tonights dinner all planned out. I got some chicken breast, and some mushroom soup, gonna cook those up in a  tin pan I bought, add some potatoes, and that should be good. Maybe I'll get some veggies of some
sort. So, that's about it here for days 6 and 7. It's 10 AM right now, very warm, not too many clouds, so it feels extra hot. Gonna want that pool to be full later. Oh ya.
School report. Elijah is adjusting very well. Janine is great. His only challenge is his handwriting, which isn't very legible, so she sent home a book for him to practice in, which he wouldn't do last night, so hopefully tonight he will.
He was the 2nd fastest boy in running in his class, and the best jump roping boy. so he's fitting right in. He always says "Great!" when you ask him how his day was. Happy little guy.
Keilah is making friends, and seems to be getting used to the structure of a real school. She doesn't care for criticism, but who does? I'm trying to get her to not take it too personal, and to learn from it, and think of it as
teaching. she had a hard math assignment, which I couldn't help her with. Soooooooooooo, we really need to get internet. She is doing well in everything else, and signed up for volleyball. I think she will be fine, just
going to take a little time.
Jason is working like a crazy man. Trying to get everything ready for his bride. I told him to hold it down and to let Sara enjoy some of this. We shall see. He wants it perfect.
And me? I'm fine. By the end of the day, I am pretty tired. It's hard to keep track of all those folders, pencils, erasers, glue, homework, clothes and badges. Gosh. This isn't for old people. It hurts my brain, but I'm doing fine.
Keeping busy with all my social engagements. I should probably be resting during the day, but it's too hot anyway, so, I do what I can. I'll try to take some pictures tonight and send them tomorrow.
You all just have the best day ever, and Ill talk to you soon. Love Sal