Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Yikes!

Oh my gosh, there is like, over 9 guys in this house, all hammering or sawing, or something. Crazy. Dog barking, craziness.
What a production.

We had a good morning. I had this brilliant idea, I bought, and then hid meat pies yesterday at the market. So this morning
I heated them in the oven. And voila. Served up with some bananas and watermelon. Who's the best gramma in the world?
Oh ya. I had to redeem myself from the disaster of last nights dinner. Rice and beans is not my best thing. Especially since
the rice pot did not work, it would not turn on to cook, only stayed on warm, ( Might be because it's all dented and doesn't
quite go down all the way into the heater, ) so I had to try to do it on the stove, and I don't
think I put enough water in it. And no one mentioned that Keilah doesn't really care for rice and beans. And Elijah didn't like
meat because it had cooked tomatoes. Sigh. So after dinner , that no one ate, we went to Mama's so Celina could help Keilah with her
language. And Elijah and I worked on his homework. It went well. I think Keilah has it now. That's cool. She was not too
happy with her math, which is dividing double and triple digits. Ouch. So ya, lets just say homework is not her favorite
thing.  I have three loads of laundry to take to Mama's. I am making Jason do it, I don't really like to drop off my work and
show up later to get it. I feel weird about it, so I let him do it. It's his mom after all.

Still waiting on the power man to show up. Gosh, could they be any slower? And all this time, we don't know if the washer
is going to work or not. I so hope it does.

Oh, Sara, those size 8 pants we got for Elijah are too big, so he doesn't have any long pants for school. Look around will ya?
His shorts fit him fine, unless he does the splits, which he did, and now I have to locate a needle and thread to fix the tear in the
crotch. But he didn't tell me about out this until last night before bed, so he has a tear in his shorts. Gosh. I fell like I flunked the
dressing this morning. Keilah got told one of her skirts is too short.  One of the pants is too big
, and the other are almost too tight. But her hair looked good, and Elijah smelled good. I do what I can.Were you able to locate any
more polo shirts for her? We can buy them from BCA, I think. And I
believe they sell them in blue too, if they aren't sold out. Just need some money. Can't they just give us a break?

So, I don't know much else. It's cold today. Ha. Well, seriously, Keilah had her sweater on this morning, and I had capris on.
It is starting to clear up though. I think I'll call and see if Jessie can go to lunch. That would be fun.

I should call Patti too, and tell her where I am, she will be worried. Maybe. We made it over to their new house yesterday.
It will be so nice for them. Big bedrooms. Seems like a nice neighborhood too.

So, that is all for now. Hope you guys have a great day. Talk to you soon. Love...................